Samsung Galaxy SIII
Samsung Galaxy SIII is the next in the Galaxy S series after S & SII. Galaxy SII marked a big milestone in Samsung's Smartphone journey. At the time of its launch, 13 Feb 2011 at Mobile World Congress, we did not have anything else in close vicinity to Apple's iPhone. Galaxy SII changed the tide and made the latest and the most advanced technology accessible to millions, removing the price barrier iPhone posed. SII was the first big hit for Samsung in smartphones. Moving forward, Samsung did not take long to raise the bar for its flagship product and introduced Galaxy SIII on 3 May 2012. Galaxy SIII is definitely a big leap over Galaxy SII. SIII became such a rage that 20 million units were sold within 100 days of its launch and over 50 million units have been sold till now. Such growth spurt clubbed with success of other Android based models placed Samsung at the Global Leader Pedestal in smartphones.
Samsung claimed that Galaxy SIII is "inspired by nature and designed for humans". The claim clearly reflects in the breakthrough features of SIII which significantly reduce the human intervention and takes the device to the next level of intuitiveness. Following are few of the salient features of SIII feature offerings:
- Smart Stay - Screen will stay bright and will not go dull while user is looking at it. It only turns to energy saving mode when users looks away from the phone.
- Direct Call - While reading a message from a friend, if the phone is lifted to the ear, friend's number automatically gets dialled.
- Smart Alert - If the user has been away from the phone, then a vibration alerts the user as soon as he holds the phone about a missed call or message.
- S Voice - Phone can take instructions to answer incoming calls, click photo and execute many other commands.
- S Beam - Music, videos, pictures and other documents can be transferred by tapping two SIIIs together.
- Smart Keyboard - It intelligently recognizes the next letter based on the typing pattern and proximity to a particular key which helps avoid possible typos and aids in fast typing.
- Best photo - Just like a human, SIII can pick the best shot out of the 8 different shots it instantaneously clicks with 8 MP camera. Which is further made better with simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, face and smile detection and image stabilization.
comes with the one of the best displays from Samsung - Super AMOLED HD display with 306 ppi pixel density at 1280 x 720 resolution. Screen is good 4.8 inches with a Corning Gorilla Glass. All the amazing features and high screen resolution provide a power packed performance with Quard-core 1.4 GHz processor and 1 GB RAM. A good processor and RAM deliver an awesome experience with 7 sensors, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass and Barometer. SIII comes with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which is upgradable to Andoid 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). Battery is decent to last a day at 2100 mAh. It's a sleek phone at 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm and only 133 g.
Variants and Price (India)
: Samsung Galaxy SIII is available in three internal storage options - 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. Price ranges from Rs. 28,000 to Rs. 49,000 depending on the internal memory. Range of colours available is quite wide for SIII - Pebble blue, Marble white, Amber brown, Garnet red, Sapphire black, Titanium grey, La Fleur.