BRAND STORIES

BMW
BMW HQ

BMW

BMW is Germany based leading automotive company in the world. Headquarters in Munich, Germany is an architectural marvel - a four cylinder 'engine' shaped building. This group of four cylinders interestingly do not rest on the ground, rather they are hung from a central building which makes it as unique as the brand BMW itself. Along with it also houses a museum in the shape of a cylinder head.

BMW AIR

BMW also owns Mini Cooper cars, and is the parent company of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. BMW produces motorcycles under the brand name BMW Motorrad. It originated in the year 1916 as an airplane engine manufacturer. After World War I got over, BMW started making motorcycles and automobiles given the restrictions on the airplane engine business.

BMW is part of the "German Big 3" luxury automakers, along with Audi and Mercedes-Benz, which are the three best-selling luxury automakers in the world. It is reported that about 56% of BMW-brand vehicles produced are powered by petrol engines and the remaining 44% are powered by diesel engines. BMW sells vehicles in China through a whopping 440 BMW sales outlets and 100 Mini stores.

BMW-R75

During the Second World War, BMW produced the BMW R75 motorcycle with a sidecar attached which changed the face of travel in the war trodden regions. Having a unique design copied from the Zundapp KS750, its sidecar wheel was also motor-driven. Combined with a lockable differential, this made the vehicle very capable off-road, an equivalent in many ways to the Jeep.